WASA rules and regulations are as under:
- Lahore Development Authority Act 1975
- Efficiency and Discipline Rules ( for BS-16 & above)
- Punjab Employees Efficiency, Discipline and Accountability Act
- Sewerage & Drainage Amended Regulations 2017
- Trunk Infrastructure Charges (Notification)
- Amendment in Delegation of Powers of MD (Notification Dated: 09-05-2018)
Service matters of WASA employees are governed by the LDA (Appointment & Conditions of Service) Regulations 1978. Under Regulation 12(1) of LDA Act, grade 16 and above appointments shall be made on the basis of examination/test or interview conducted by the concerned committee, after advertisement of the vacancies in the Newspapers. Similarly, Grade 1 to 15 is made according to the same rule. Further, the candidate for initial appointment to a post must possess the educational qualifications and experience and must be within the age limits prescribed in the rules.
Cases of promotion/selection of the eligible candidates are scrutinized and recommended by the Committee.